Charming Provence : a barge cruise in Southern France
From Arles to Sète, join us on a cruise through breathtaking sceneries. Discover 2,500 years of history in Arles before visiting Aigues-Mortes, a medieval fortified town with a prestigious heritage in the heart of one of the most beautiful natural sites of Provence. You will also have a chance to explore the Camargue and Saint-Guilhem-le-Désert, one of the jewels of the Languedoc known as one of the Most Beautiful Villages of France.
Trip code : AVF_AIPP
Duration : 7 days
Destination : ARLES - GALLICIAN - AIGUES MORTES - PALAVAS-LES-FLOTES - SETE
Travel Date :2022/2023
THE CROISIEUROPE DIFFERENCE
- All meals included - DRINKS INCLUDED with meals and at the bar
- Refined French cuisine - Gala dinner and evening - Welcome cocktail
- Free Wi-Fi onboard
- Bicycles available on board
- Official welcome from the captain and crew
- Travel assistance and repatriation insurance
- All port fees included
- A wonderful journey through charming towns and historic sites
- Enjoy the authenticity of local delicacies
- EXCURSIONS INCLUDED:
- Arles and olive oil production
- The beauty of the Camargue
- The fortified city of Aigues-Mortes and the salt marshes
- A traditional Camargue experience with a manade
- Étang De Thau and its oyster farms
- Saint-Guilhem-le-Désert, listed as one of the most beautiful villages in France
Passengers are welcome to board our ship at 6:00 p.m. After comfortably settling into your cabins, we'll introduce our crew at a welcome cocktail. Tonight we'll enjoy dinner and remain in port overnight.
Tour of Arles(2). We'll discover this cultural center and its Roman ruins, and then travel inland to find out about olive oil production in Provence. We'll finish up our tour with a tasting of some local products. Afterwards, we'll return to the ship and spend the afternoon cruising to Gallician. We'll travel on the Rhône River and the Rhône à Sète Canal.
This morning we'll have an excursion to the Camargue. Afterwards, you can enjoy some free time in the splendid city of Sainte-Marie-de-la-Mer, where we recommend a visit to its fortified church. We'll spend the afternoon cruising towards Aigues-Mortes, arriving in the early evening.
Join us for a tour of Aigues-Mortes(2). This old, fortified city with a rich heritage is located in the middle of the marshes and is one of the most beautiful sites in Provence. We'll board a tourist train and tour the salt marches and visit the salt museum. Afterwards, we'll return to the ship. We'll spend the afternoon cruising to Palavas-Les-Flots. Spend some free time discovering the spa resort of Palavas-Les-Flots, whose rich identity reaches back for more than three centuries.
We'll set out on a tour to discover a manade and the life of its herders during a visit by wagon, and take part in a bull sorting. Before returning to the boat, we'll have a delicious snack with products coming from the farm. We'll spend the afternoon cruising towards Sète, arriving in the early evening.
We'll leave on an excursion to the Étang De Thau, famous for its shellfish. We'll visit the Étang de Thau Museum, where we'll discover the shellfish farmers and fishermen. You'll be able to taste some of the shellfish while taking in the beauty of the basin from a terrace. The afternoon will be dedicated to a tour of Saint-Guilhem-le-Désert, one of the most beautiful villages in France. We'll return on board for our gala dinner and evening.
Enjoy one last buffet breakfast on board before disembarking at 9:00 a.m. Coach transfer from Sète to Arles or Avignon. End of our services.
For operational reasons and passenger safety, Tweet World Travel and its suppliers reserve the right to change, vary, modify or cancel any itinerary or arrangement in relation to the tour/cruise as considered necessary.
All of our cruises/excursion require a reasonable level of fitness. Every traveller on our cruises is required the ability to walk around sights on uneven surfaces in both urban and rural / mountainous areas unaided. You will be getting on and off cruises, coaches and boats, walking around the sights and climbing some steps.
Please read our cruise itinerary carefully for outline of activities to help you select the right holiday for you.
• All persons must be fit and physically able to partake unaided in their chosen activities/packages/tours /cruise etc. as outlined in the itinerary.
• All parties acknowledge the physical demands and hazards involved in the tour or cruise they will be undertaking and have chosen to participate at their own risk.
• Meals onboard are a cultural culinary experience: Continental breakfast buffets with a rich menu are offered daily, while lunch and dinner are set menus.
• Gala evening: The gala evening is a long-awaited tradition in the world of cruising. This is the night we like to dress up, although no dress code is imposed. The crew all in their dress uniform, are presented to the passengers who are invited have a pre-dinner drink with the captain in the company of the purser, and the head chef.
Note: It is your responsibility to notify us of any dietary requests/requirements. We will do our best to meet your request/requirements, however, cannot guarantee that it can always be accommodated.
• Before dinner, games and quizzes are hosted by our entertainers in the lounge bar
• On the sun deck, where you can stroll alone, be with family or friends or sit comfortably in the sun loungers, gymnastics sessions are organised in the morning whilst enjoying the magnificent views of the landscapes that pass by.
• The panoramic lounge bar, the library and the "piano bar"
• Depend on the destination, lectures on subjects related to the history and geography of the places visited, are offered in the lounge bar.
• Some evenings, the dance floor of the lounge bar comes to life with musical evenings, folk groups or singers
• Some cruises have variety evenings where the crew members reveal their hidden talents are also provided.
• Triple Share: Available upon request
• Bedding Configuration: Double or twin bedding (subject to availability).
• Adjoining / Interconnecting Rooms: Not Available
• Laundry service: Not Available
• Wi-Fi: All the cruise is equipped with free Wi-Fi available in all lounges / bars and receptions. For some destination it is available in the cabin.
After purchase, you are required to make a deposit or full payment for your order. Please note most of our deposit is non-refundable. Please check your booking and your invoice for the Terms and Conditions which apply specifically to your booking.
If you would like to cancel your booking, please refer to our cancellation terms.
• Any special requests, preferences MUST be clearly stated in your Passenger Information Form
• Any change requested after submitting your Passenger Information Form cannot be guaranteed, is strictly subject to availability and will incur surcharges
Safety Net Protection enables passengers to amend their tour and/or river cruise 15 days prior to departure, to another tour/cruise to the same destination, departing in the same year (once only) without any applicable cancellation charges or penalties.
The new tour/cruise must be at the same cost or higher but cannot be at lower cost than the initial cruise/ tour booked. If the passenger chooses the higher cost option, then the additional difference amount must be paid. However, no modifications shall be accepted less than 15 days prior to departure.
• Safety Net Protection is payable immediately at the time of making the deposit payment. Once purchased, Safety Net Protection is not refundable
• Safety Net Protection does not apply for airfares or third-party fees and charges.
• Safety Net Protection allows for amendment ONLY, not cancellation.
• You will be responsible for all your personal belongings while on the tours. It is your responsibility to make sure your room is secure.
In general, tipping is widely accepted as a way to show your appreciation of good service but is not compulsory. Tipping is expected and often makes up a large part of people's wages.
• If travel on a river cruises and happy with the services provided by your crews and service onboard. Recommended tips - For the crew members on board the ship - $10US per day per passenger.
• If you are happy with services provided by your tour guides and drivers, a tip is appreciated. Recommended tips - For the guides and drivers - $6US per day per passenger.
• You will be responsible for all your personal belongings while on the tours/cruises. It is your responsibility to make sure your room/cabin is secure.
• Tweet World Travel will not be liable for any loss or damage to your luggage or other personal belongings.
For your protection, we strongly recommend that you purchase comprehensive travel insurance for your travel arrangements (without limitation) that include coverage for medical expenses, loss of luggage, cruise, land content and airfare charges that may occur.
You need to provide us your Travel Insurance details upon booking, or at least before 30 days prior to your departure.
If you do not have travel insurance prior to your departure, we retain the rights to refuse boarding/joining our tours or cruises. We might refund / provide travel credits for you, less any unrecoverable fees including but not limited to admin fees, visas fees, other suppliers’ cancellation fees. We won’t be held liable for any costs associated with this matter.
Your cruise with all meals from dinner the first evening to breakfast on the final day - onboard drinks included (except for drinks from our special lists) - double-occupancy cabin with shower in bathroom - the transfer Sete/Arles - assistance from our onboard multi-lingual host/hostess - welcome cocktail - the excursions mentioned in the program - gala dinner - travel assistance and repatriation insurance - all port fees.
Please note: this cruise doesn’t include the entry visa for the country it travels to. Make sure you have acquired a valid visa before travelling and joining the cruise. Check whether a single entry or multiple entry visa is required/ available.
When assisting with an international travel booking, we assume that all travellers in the booking have a valid Passport and Visas to enter to the country it travels to. Passports must be valid for the countries through which a ship or tour passes. It is the responsibility of each passenger to ensure the validity and conformity of their passport/Visas.
It is the customer’s responsibility to make sure that the travellers have the valid visas and/or correct visa type to enter the destination country they are travelling to. Travellers might need to present the visas at multiple checkpoints and may be refused to fly out of their countries, if the visa documents cannot be presented. If such an event occurs, we won’t be liable and the travellers will be deemed as “no-show”. Please check our Terms & Conditions for penalty for “no-show”.
Visa and other entry and exit conditions (such as currency, customs and quarantine regulations) change regularly. Contact the nearest Embassy or Consulate for up-to-date information.
- All travellers must have a valid passport for international travel and most countries require at least 6 months validity from the date of return and some countries require a machine‐readable passport.
- Some countries require visas and re‐entry permits which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities.
- It is your sole responsibility if any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not satisfying the requirements of those authorities.
Drinks from our special lists, or drinks ordered during excursions or transfers - cancellation and baggage insurance - personal expenses - all other services not specifically mentioned in the itinerary.