Luxury Trans-Asia Discovery Tour and Cruise: From Taj Mahal, Great Wall of China and Angkor Wat with Mekong River Cruise
DELHI - AGRA - BEIJING - GREAT WALL OF CHINA - HANOI - HALONG BAY - HO CHI MINH CITY - CU CHI TUNNEL - MEKONG DELTA - ANGKOR WAT
This 23 days luxury fully inclusive Trans-Asia Discovery Tours and Mekong River Cruise you will see the some of the Wonder Of The World like: Angkor Wat, Great Wall of China, The Taj Mahal and Cruise on the magnificent UNESCO Heritage site of Halong Bay, before embark on luxury RV Indochine II combining charm and colonial-style comfort sailing along the Mekong River.
Explore the beautiful scenery,fascinating history and contrasting cultures of India, China, Vietnam and Cambodia. Experience 8 night on premium ship dock in the heart of Ho Chi Minh City before cross the narrow Chao Gao Canal, engage in local life in My Tho and Koh Chen and pass through the city of Phnom Penh with its Royal Palace and bustling markets before finally disembarking on the doorstep of the Angkor temple complex: home of the world-famous Angkor Wat.
Trip code : TC6531T
Duration : 23 days
Destination : India, China, Vietnam, Cambodia
Travel Dates :2022
- Enjoy a personalised experience in luxury small group touring with a maximum 16 passengers per vehicle
Arrive at Delhi International Airport by evening flight. Meet & greet on arrival and transfer to hotel.
Delhi, The capital of Republic of India, Delhi is a bustling metropolis and a city of almost 17 million inhabitants. Delhi is a near perfect blend of the ancient and the modern and is seamlessly divided into two parts - Old & New Delhi. Old Delhi is part of the city that was designed by the Mughals and New Delhi was designed majorly during English rule and also known as “Lyutens” Delhi.
Arrive and check in at the hotel.
The rest of the day is at leisure and free for independent activities.
After breakfast proceed for the visit of Old Delhi – visit the resplendent “mosque of Friday” - Jama Masjid. Jama Masjid is the largest mosque in India and is one of the last architectural works of the Mughal emperor Shah Jahan - whose best work is the Taj Mahal. The spacious courtyard of the Jama Masjid holds thousands of faithful devotees. After visit of Jama Masjid Walk through the colorful shopping bazaar known as Chandni Chowk ("Moonlit Street"). Drive past the Red Fort - a majestic Fort and an erstwhile seat of power - which encapsulates a long period of Indian history and its arts. Also visit Raj Ghat, the cremation site of Father of Nation, Mahatma Gandhi.
Lunch at a restaurant during sightseeing.
In the afternoon visit Humayun tomb, Qutub Minar - the pride of Delhi. The Construction of this tall minaret was commenced by Muslim ruler, Qutb-ud-din Aibak in 1192 and completed by Iltutmish. The soaring conical tower is an exquisite example of Indo-Islamic Afghan architecture. After visit proceed for tour of “Lyutens” Delhi - named after the leading British architect Sir Edwin Landseer Lyutens. Drive past some of magnificent monuments designed by him such as India Gate and Viceroy's House - now known as the Rashtrapati Bhavan (President Palace).
This morning leave by private vehicle to trave to Agra.
Agra is home to one of the Seven Wonders of the World the Taj Mahal. Tourists from all over the world visit Agra not only to see the ruins of the red sandstone fortress built by the Mughal emperors other tourist attractions in Agra worth visiting are the Agra Fort and Akbar's Mausoleum. The golden age of the city began with the Mughals between 16th and 17th Century.
Agra is known for its superb inlay work on marble and soapstone by craftsmen who worked under the Mughals. The city is also famous for its carpet, gold thread embroidery and leather shoes. On arrival at check in at hotel.
In the afternoon visit Agra Fort, where the ageing Emperor Shah Jahan, imprisoned by his son, watched from a distance the fulfilment of his life’s dream - the building of the Taj Mahal in memory of his beloved wife. The fort is really a city within a city, which embraces the Moti Masjid, the Diwan-i-Am or the Hall of Public Audiences, the Diwan-i-Khas or the Hall of Private Audiences, the Octagonal Tower, Jehangir’s Palace and many more monuments.
The rest of the day is at your leisure.
This morning you will have free time before you visit the beautiful Taj Mahal (Closed on Friday) at sunset.
The Taj Mahal was built by the Moghul Emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his beloved wife, Mumtaz Mahal, who died in 1631. During the 22 years it took to complete the structure in 1653, 20 000 workers, tons of marble coming from Rajasthan and carried by camels or elephants, and all of the emperor's fortune were used to build this fabulous pyramid-shaped palace; 73 metres high and flanked by four big minarets looking like birthday candles….!
After a morning drive to Delhi, you will be transferred to the airport to board your flight to Beijing, China. Upon your arrival at the Beijing airport, your local guide will meet you and escort you to your hotel.
Today, enjoy your free day at leisure.
Today you will first visit Tiananmen Square followed by the magnificent Forbidden City. Afterwards you will visit the Temple of Heaven.
Tiananmen Square is the largest city square in the world and the spiritual heart of China, where the national flag is raised exactly at sunrise every day.
The Forbidden City is located in the center of Beijing and used to be the imperial palace of the Ming and Qing dynasties with a history of around 600 years. It is the grandest integral palace complex still remaining in China.
Note: It is closed on Monday.
The Temple of Heaven is the place which was visited yearly by the emperors who performed intricate rituals to ensure a good harvest for the whole nation in ancient times.
Today you will visit to the magnificent Great Wall (Mutianyu section, round trip cable car included) and then visit the Sacred Road.
The Great Wall (Mutianyu Section) is the most famous symbol of China and one of the world's most remarkable architectural wonders. It was built over 2,000 years ago and stretches for about 6,700km.
Mutianyu Cable Car (round way) at the Great Wall is included. The chair-lift and toboggan are also available.
NOTE: If you want to change any of them, please inform the local guide before he or she purchases the tickets for the round-trip cable car for you. Please pay the extra charge in cash to the local guide.
The Sacred Road path is lined with stone statues of animals, mystical beasts and officials who serve the emperor in his afterlife. The sitting emperors visit here to perform memorial rituals for the ancestors once a year.
This morning you will be transferred to the airport for your flight to Hanoi.
Upon your arrival in Noi Bai Airport, our driver will pick you up for your tour of Hanoi’s Old Quarter where you will experience traditional street life.
You will also have the opportunity to watch a traditional Water Puppet show.
Your air-conditioned transfer vehicle will collect you from your hotel in Hanoi and convey you to Hai Phong.
You will be taken aboard our support vessel and travel from the wharf via the bay to board our luxurious craft, Era Cruise. You will be welcomed aboard and greeted with a complimentary drink. Our friendly and professional crew will conduct a compulsory safety procedure session and then you are free to check into your cabin and freshen up. We encourage you to explore our luxuriously-appointed ship then watch the magical landscape cruise past.
A special lunch of fresh seafood and an assortment of appetizing delicacies will be served. Enjoy dining on our luxury junk; our lavish interpretation of a traditional Vietnamese boat.
We then set sail for Lan Ha Bay, passing Da Chong islet where you can see an ancient lighthouse built by the French over a century ago.
The final part of the cruise takes us through the Cua Van area to Lan Ha Bay (part of Halong Bay). The 300 or so karst islands and limestone outcrops of Lan Ha are stunning with their pristine, snow-white beaches. You can explore Ba Trai Dao beach or Tra Bau area via kayaks or immerse yourself in the crystal clear waters.
Back on board we cruise to your evening accommodation. Happy Hour is between 5.30pm and 6.30pm offerred with an extensive drinks list including special offers such as two for one drinks.
After our Vietnamese cooking demonstration, which is a great way to learn how to prepare delicious appetizers, you can spoil yourself with a unique Signature Dinner in our distinctive restaurant.
After dinner it is time to relax with an exotic cocktail and drink in the evening landscape. Our bar offers a wide range of wine, beer and liqueurs and is always a welcome sight for guests after a day sailing on the bay. You can order an indulgent spa service, watch movies, go squid ﬁshing or simply relax on our roof top deck under the cover of a brightly illuminated sky.
Early morning is the best time of the day on Lan Ha Bay. You might like to head to the upper deck to participate in our daily Tai Chi sessions or relax with an early morning cup of tea, coffee or juice to watch the stunning scenery unfold before you.
A light breakfast of pastries, tea and coffee will be served in our restaurant before the final stage of your trip which is to be taken through the mysterious caves and amongst the remote islets via local rowing boats. The breath-taking beauty of this World Heritage region will certainly impress you. Following this, you will journey back to the main ship.
It’s now time to check out of your cabin as we draw closer to the mainland. After a ﬁnal early brunch you will board our transfer boat and head back to the wharf where you will be met by your return trip luxury van and return to Hanoi hotel.
This morning you will be transferred to the airport for your flight to Ho Chi Minh City.
You will be met at the airport and transferred to the port to join the cruise group, the have a buffet lunch at a nearby restauant.
In the afternoon we will take a tour of Ho Chi Minh City highlights.
We then board our ship and enjoy a welcome cocktail and dinner.
Overnight onboard in Ho Chi Minh City.
Today you will be collected from the wharf to travel to the Cu Chi Tunnels, an underground tunnels network constructed by Vietnamese fighters during the struggle for independence. home to around 10,000 people for several years It took about 25 years to build the underground city. The tunnel system was an excellent way for the Vietcong to move around the countryside undetected by the Americans. enjoying a scenic drive through the picturesque villages.
On arrival we will watch a short introductory video before exploring the Cu Chi Tunnels, the most famous battlegrounds in the world. We will explore the complex tunnel system and view may craters left from B52 bombing raids.
After that exploring the tunnels you can try firing real bullets at the shooting range or go souvenir shopping before your return transfer back to your hotel in Ho Chi Minh.
Lunch is on board then we start cruising through the Mekong Delta area.
Overnight we moor at Nha Be.
Today we pass through the Mekong Delta and visit the town of My Tho and the My Tho Islands to see local craftsman at work.
After lunch we cruise to Vinh Long, Cai Be and Sac Dec.
Overnight stop at our mooring point.
Early this morning we visit Sa Dec and tour the small town where some colonial mansions are still in existence and afterwards we can discover the local market. Back on board for lunch and continue cruising to Chau Doc.
Overnight stop at our mooring point.
We spend the day cruising and cross the Cambodian Border as we continue our journey to Phnom Penh.
After dinner we will enjoy a fun introduction to Phnom Penh via a "TUK TUK" trip around the city and then moor for the night in the port of Phnom Penh.
This morning on our city tour we visit the Silver Pagoda, the Royal Palace and the National museum.
We have lunch in a local restaurant and then will have the option to visit a former detention centre used by the Khmer Rouge during the civil war.
Afterwards we have time in the "Central Market".
Back on board we will enjoy dinner and a traditional Apsara dance performance.
Overnight in the port of Phnom Penh.
Today we visit Koh Chen, a small village where the inhabitants are experts in silverwork and copper work and visit a school.
After lunch we arrive in Kampong Tralach and visit the beautiful Vihara of the Wat Kampong Tarlach LeuPagoda. We cross through the village by oxcart to reach the pagoda.
We return and continue our cruise to Kampong Chhnang which is our overnight stop.
Today we visit Kampong Chhnang, one of the largest fishing ports on the Tonle Sap.
We visit a traditional grove of palm trees and taste some palm sugar before a visit to a traditional pottery.
We then visit a floating village on small local boats.
In the afternoon we cruise to lake Tonle Sap.
Enjoy a Cocktail and Gala Dinner onboard tonight.
We spend the morning cruising then disembark the RV Indochine II at noon at the port of Siem Reap.
You will be transferred to your hotel and the rest of the day is at leisure.
Today you will have an early pick up from your hotel and be driven to the Angkor Wat complex to view the sunrise over the magnificent temples.
You will have plenty of time to take photos before going back to your hotel for breakfast.
In the afternoon we will set off to explore Siem Reap with a tour of the city.
After breakfast, you will visit The Southern Gate of Angkor Thom, the famous Bayon, Baphuon, and Phimeanakas temples, plus Terraces of the Elephant and Leper King.
Lunch will be at a famous local restaurant.
In the afternoon visit Ta Prohm then explore the Angkor Wat temple, the 7th Wonder of the Ancient World. You will climb up to Bakheng Hill to watch the sunset over Angkor Wat and the surrounding area.
Enjoy breakfast at the hotel today before we transfer you to the airport for your flight home.
For operational reasons and passenger safety, Tweet World Travel and its suppliers reserve the right to change, vary, modify or cancel any itinerary or arrangement in relation to the tour/cruise as considered necessary.
All of our cruises/excursion require a reasonable level of fitness. Every traveller on our cruises is required the ability to walk around sights on uneven surfaces in both urban and rural / mountainous areas unaided. You will be getting on and off cruises, coaches and boats, walking around the sights and climbing some steps.
Please read our cruise itinerary carefully for outline of activities to help you select the right holiday for you.
• All persons must be fit and physically able to partake unaided in their chosen activities/packages/tours /cruise etc. as outlined in the itinerary.
• All parties acknowledge the physical demands and hazards involved in the tour or cruise they will be undertaking and have chosen to participate at their own risk.
• Meals onboard are a cultural culinary experience: Continental breakfast buffets with a rich menu are offered daily, while lunch and dinner are set menus.
• Gala evening: The gala evening is a long-awaited tradition in the world of cruising. This is the night we like to dress up, although no dress code is imposed. The crew all in their dress uniform, are presented to the passengers who are invited have a pre-dinner drink with the captain in the company of the purser, and the head chef.
Note: It is your responsibility to notify us of any dietary requests/requirements. We will do our best to meet your request/requirements, however, cannot guarantee that it can always be accommodated.
• Before dinner, games and quizzes are hosted by our entertainers in the lounge bar
• On the sun deck, where you can stroll alone, be with family or friends or sit comfortably in the sun loungers, gymnastics sessions are organised in the morning whilst enjoying the magnificent views of the landscapes that pass by.
• The panoramic lounge bar, the library and the "piano bar"
• Depend on the destination, lectures on subjects related to the history and geography of the places visited, are offered in the lounge bar.
• Some evenings, the dance floor of the lounge bar comes to life with musical evenings, folk groups or singers
• Some cruises have variety evenings where the crew members reveal their hidden talents are also provided.
• Triple Share: Available upon request
• Bedding Configuration: Double or twin bedding (subject to availability).
• Adjoining / Interconnecting Rooms: Not Available
• Laundry service: Not Available
• Wi-Fi: All the cruise is equipped with free Wi-Fi available in all lounges / bars and receptions. For some destination it is available in the cabin.
After purchase, you are required to make a deposit or full payment for your order. Please note most of our deposit is non-refundable. Please check your booking and your invoice for the Terms and Conditions which apply specifically to your booking.
If you would like to cancel your booking, please refer to our cancellation terms.
• Any special requests, preferences MUST be clearly stated in your Passenger Information Form
• Any change requested after submitting your Passenger Information Form cannot be guaranteed, is strictly subject to availability and will incur surcharges
Safety Net Protection enables passengers to amend their tour and/or river cruise 15 days prior to departure, to another tour/cruise to the same destination, departing in the same year (once only) without any applicable cancellation charges or penalties.
The new tour/cruise must be at the same cost or higher but cannot be at lower cost than the initial cruise/ tour booked. If the passenger chooses the higher cost option, then the additional difference amount must be paid. However, no modifications shall be accepted less than 15 days prior to departure.
• Safety Net Protection is payable immediately at the time of making the deposit payment. Once purchased, Safety Net Protection is not refundable
• Safety Net Protection does not apply for airfares or third-party fees and charges.
• Safety Net Protection allows for amendment ONLY, not cancellation.
• You will be responsible for all your personal belongings while on the tours. It is your responsibility to make sure your room is secure.
In general, tipping is widely accepted as a way to show your appreciation of good service but is not compulsory. Tipping is expected and often makes up a large part of people's wages.
• If travel on a river cruises and happy with the services provided by your crews and service onboard. Recommended tips - For the crew members on board the ship - $10US per day per passenger.
• If you are happy with services provided by your tour guides and drivers, a tip is appreciated. Recommended tips - For the guides and drivers - $6US per day per passenger.
• You will be responsible for all your personal belongings while on the tours/cruises. It is your responsibility to make sure your room/cabin is secure.
• Tweet World Travel will not be liable for any loss or damage to your luggage or other personal belongings.
For your protection, we strongly recommend that you purchase comprehensive travel insurance for your travel arrangements (without limitation) that include coverage for medical expenses, loss of luggage, cruise, land content and airfare charges that may occur.
You need to provide us your Travel Insurance details upon booking, or at least before 30 days prior to your departure.
If you do not have travel insurance prior to your departure, we retain the rights to refuse boarding/joining our tours or cruises. We might refund / provide travel credits for you, less any unrecoverable fees including but not limited to admin fees, visas fees, other suppliers’ cancellation fees. We won’t be held liable for any costs associated with this matter.
- 24/7 local assistance and travel guidance
- Airport Meet-and-Greet welcome service with local tour guide
- Small group with maximum 16 guests while on tour
- Small group with maximum 20 guests while on shore excursions
- Stay at luxury 5-star hotels as below (or similar) with daily breakfasts:
- Delhi: Hotel Surya
- Beijing: Grand Mecure Beijing Dongcheng
- Hanoi: Movenpick Hotel Hanoi
- Siem Reap: Anatara Angkor Resort & Spa
- Stay 1-night onboard the 5-star ship Era Cruises in Halong Bay, with full board meals
- Stay 8-night onboard the premium RV Indochine II on Mekong River, with full board meals
- International flight from Delhi to Beijing with full service airlines
- Economy Class with luggage allowance
- International flight from Beijing to Hanoi with full service airlines
- Economy Class with luggage allowance
- Domestic flights from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City with full service airlines
- Economy Class with luggage allowance
- Entrance fees at monuments
- Comprehensive sightseeing as per itinerary:
- Old and New Delhi Tour with Lunch
- Agra Fort Tour with Lunch
- Taj Mahal Tour with Lunch
- Beijing City Tour with Lunch
- Great Wall of China Tour with Lunch
- Hanoi Old Quarter tour & Water Puppet Show with Dinner
- Ho Chi Minh City Tour with Lunch
- Cu Chi Tunnel Tour with Lunch
- Angkor Sunrise Tour with Lunch
- Angkor Thom & Angkor Wat Tour with Lunch
- Shore excursions during Mekong River cruise as per itinerary
- All local government fees & taxes
- Arrival and departure airport transfers in air-conditioned vehicles
- Return transfers from hotel to port
- All touring in air-conditioned vehicles
- Locally based professional drivers
TOUR GUIDE & TOUR LEADER
- English-speaking local tour guides who live and breathe the destination – they will bring your itinerary to life
- For group of more than 10 people, on top of local tour guides, we will provide an experienced tour director. He or she will oversee your entire journey, accompany you every day and connect you to the people, places and encounter in a way you’ll never forget.
- Welcome & Farewell Dinner
- A unique & varied dining experience
- All meals while cruising on Era Cruise and RV Indochine II with refined local cuisine, as per itinerary
- Meals as per itinerary
- Entertainment onboard the RV Indochine II
- Complimentary WIFI onboard (when signal is available)
- All port fees
- Vietnam and Cambodia E-Visas
Please note: this cruise doesn’t include the entry visa for the country it travels to. Make sure you have acquired a valid visa before travelling and joining the cruise. Check whether a single entry or multiple entry visa is required/ available.
When assisting with an international travel booking, we assume that all travellers in the booking have a valid Passport and Visas to enter to the country it travels to. Passports must be valid for the countries through which a ship or tour passes. It is the responsibility of each passenger to ensure the validity and conformity of their passport/Visas.
It is the customer’s responsibility to make sure that the travellers have the valid visas and/or correct visa type to enter the destination country they are travelling to. Travellers might need to present the visas at multiple checkpoints and may be refused to fly out of their countries, if the visa documents cannot be presented. If such an event occurs, we won’t be liable and the travellers will be deemed as “no-show”. Please check our Terms & Conditions for penalty for “no-show”.
Visa and other entry and exit conditions (such as currency, customs and quarantine regulations) change regularly. Contact the nearest Embassy or Consulate for up-to-date information.
- All travellers must have a valid passport for international travel and most countries require at least 6 months validity from the date of return and some countries require a machine‐readable passport.
- Some countries require visas and re‐entry permits which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities.
- It is your sole responsibility if any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not satisfying the requirements of those authorities.