From the Mekong Delta to the Temples of Angkor and The Imperial Cities (port-to-port cruise)
HANOI - MY SON - HOI AN - DA NANG - HUE - HO CHI MINH CITY - MY THO - CAI BE - VINH LONG - SA DEC - CHAU DOC - PHNOM PENH - KOH CHEN - KAMPONG TRALACH - KAMPONG CHHNANG - TONLE SAP LAKE - ANGKOR - SIEM REAP
This 7-day pre-cruise program lets you discover the capital, Hanoi, as well as thousand-year-old pagodas, lakes and historical monuments. Set out on an unforgettable cruise on the legendary Halong Bay among the fantastically formed islands, crags, and cliffs. You will also visit the essential sites in two Vietnamese provinces formerly known as Annam and Tonkin.
Trip code : 1H9_PP
Duration : 17 days
Destination : Hanoi - Halong Bay - Hué - Hoi An - HO CHI MINH CITY - CHAO GAO - SA DEC - CHAU DOC - PHNOM PENH - KOH CHEN - KAMPONG CHHNANG - Siem Reap
Travel Date :2022/2023
THE CROISIEUROPE DIFFERENCE
- All meals included
- Refined local cuisine
- Headsets are included for excursions
- Official welcome from the captain and crew
- Tour leader or cruise director on board
- Onboard activities and/or lectures
- Travel assistance and repatriation insurance
- All port fees included
- The fortified Imperial City in Hue
- The My Son temples
- In Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh's stilt house and mausoleum
- Cruise on Halong Bay, listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- EXCURSIONS INCLUDED:
- Discover three historic cities: Ho Chi Minh City, Phnom Penh, and Siem Reap
- Unique and unforgettable cruise along the Cho Gao Canal
- Tour six major temples in Angkor
- Meet local inhabitants and discover their daily life in Koh Chen and My Tho
Meet at the Lamblot restaurant between 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. Lunch. In the afternoon, visit the outside of the historic Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, Ho Chi Minh's humble stilt house behind the mausoleum, and the unique One Pillar Pagoda Buddhist temple. We’ll also visit the Temple of Literature, built in 1070 and dedicated to Confucius. Enjoy a pedi-cab ride to see the local “Embassy Row” with its French colonial-style architecture.
This evening, we’ll watch a traditional water puppetry show. We’ll have dinner in the city before spending the night at the four-star hotel.
We’ll leave early in the morning for Halong Bay (approx. 3.5 hours travel time). We’ll be welcomed on board, enjoy a cocktail and have lunch. We'll begin our cruise to discover the thousands of various limestone islands dotting the emerald-colored bay.
We’ll enjoy dinner on board this evening. Our ship will remain anchored overnight.
Rise early with us this morning and participate in a Tai Chi class on deck. We’ll continue our cruise through the bay, discovering more of its extraordinary scenery and visiting one of the largest caves. Brunch will be served before you disembark at 11:00 a.m. and begin your trip back to Hanoi.
Before arriving, we’ll stop off at the Dinh Bang communal hall and taste a PHO soup. You’ll take a flight to Hue. On arrival, you’ll be transferred to your hotel for check-in. We’ll have dinner and spend the night at the hotel 4 LN in Hanoi.
This morning, we’ll set off to visit the tombs of Khai Dinh and Tu Duc, as well as the Tu Hieu Pagoda. After lunch, we’ll visit the Imperial City. This citadel was built between 1805 and 1832 and is an outstanding example of an eastern feudal capital. We’ll also visit the Dong Ba Market. We’ll have dinner and spend the night at the hotel.
You’ll be transferred by boat on the Perfume River to the Pagoda of the Celestial Lady, instantly recognizable by its seven octagonal tiers. We’ll also visit the village of Kim Long. After lunch, we’ll leave for Da Nang and a visit to the Museum of Cham Sculpture, which has the largest collection of Cham art in the world.
On our way back, we’ll stop off at Vietnam’s most picturesque beach, China Beach, named by American troops who visited during the Vietnam War for a little R&R. Once we arrive in Hoi An, we’ll have dinner and spend the night at a four-star hotel.
We’ll visit My Son, a cluster of abandoned and partially ruined Hindu temples constructed between the 4th and 14th century AD. After our tour, we’ll return to Hoi An for lunch and a visit of the city. The Ancient Town is exceptionally well-preserved and its buildings and street plan reflect the influences that have combined to produce this unique heritage site.
Enjoy a tour on foot of the Fujian Assembly Hall, the Chuc Thanh Pagoda, and the Japanese bridge. We’ll have dinner and spend the night at the hotel.
You’ll take a flight to Ho Chi Minh City. Transfer to the city centre and lunch. In the afternoon, we’ll enjoy a tour of the city to see the Reunification Palace, Notre Dame Cathedral, and the Saigon Central Post Office. Next, we’ll head to Cholon, the Chinese-influenced section of the city, to tour its hectic market and the Thien Hau temple.
You’ll then be transferred to our ship. After comfortably settling into your cabins, we’ll introduce our crew at a welcome cocktail. We'll have dinner and spend the night on the ship, which will remain moored in central Ho Chi Minh City.
.During our passage through the Cho Gao Canal, you’ll discover the daily life in Vietnam—organized around fishing, farming, and transport. In My Tho, we'll visit a bee farm and enjoy some honey tea and exotic fruit. We'll then take a ride in small sampans along the canal lined with mangrove palms. We’ll enjoy lunch on board. Vinh Long is located in the middle of the Delta region, between two of the Mekong’s distributaries.
We’ll discover a brick and pottery factory, a fruit-tree nursery, puffed riced, rice-paper wrappers, and rice alcohol.* We’ll spend the night on board.
Visit the former house of Huynh Thuy Le, the man who Marguerite Duras based her book The Lover on. After our excursion, enjoy some free time in Sa Dec. We’ll return on board and cast off as you sit down to lunch. Our ship will begin to cruise to Cambodia. We’ll spend the night on board.
Enjoy breakfast on board this morning. After our arrival in Chau Doc, we’ll visit a local fish farm, the Ba Chua Xu Temple, and the Tay An Pagoda.
We’ll enjoy lunch on board before arriving in Phnom Penh in the evening. Enjoy a brief tour of the area by "tuk-tuk," the easiest way to get around the city. We’ll have dinner on board and remain in port overnight.
We’ll enjoy a tour of the fabulous Royal Palace and the Silver Pagoda, which is inlaid with more than 5,000 silver tiles. After, join us for a visit to the National Museum of Cambodia. We’ll have lunch in the city. In the afternoon, you can pay a visit to the Tuol Svay Prey School, a former detention, torture, and execution center run by the Khmer Rouge during the civil war.
Afterward, enjoy some free time at the market. We’ll return to the ship and enjoy a performance of classical Khmer dancing and music. We’ll have dinner on board and remain in port overnight. The rest of the evening is yours to do as you please.
Once we arrive in Koh Chen, you can explore this small village where craftspeople specialize in silver and copper work. After lunch on board, we’ll head to Kampong Tralach to visit the beautiful Vihara at the Wat Kampong Tralach Leu pagoda.
To access the pagoda, we need to cross the village of Kampong Tralach in ox carts, moving along a small road that runs perpendicular to the river in the middle of magnificent rice fields. Our ship will remain anchored overnight.
We’ll visit Kampong Chhnang, one of the largest fishing ports on Tonle Sap Lake. Fish farming is abundant here. The region is also known for its traditional pottery combining ancient knowledge with modern techniques—Chhnang itself means "pot." We'll also enjoy a tasting of regional products.
After lunch on board, we’ll cruise to Tonle Sap Lake, the largest freshwater lake in Southeast Asia. Tonight, we’ll have our farewell cocktail and dinner. Our ship will remain anchored overnight.
We’ll spend the morning cruising the river before disembarking and having lunch on shore. After, we'll visit the Angkor Wat temple: the epitome of Khmer architectural art and the most famous and imposing of all the monuments in Angkor. Enjoy a stroll through the Angkor Night Market. Dinner and overnight in hotel (Accommodations will be at either a 4-star or 5-star hotel according to the cruise you choose).
For operational reasons and passenger safety, Tweet World Travel and its suppliers reserve the right to change, vary, modify or cancel any itinerary or arrangement in relation to the tour/cruise as considered necessary.
All of our cruises/excursion require a reasonable level of fitness. Every traveller on our cruises is required the ability to walk around sights on uneven surfaces in both urban and rural / mountainous areas unaided. You will be getting on and off cruises, coaches and boats, walking around the sights and climbing some steps.
Please read our cruise itinerary carefully for outline of activities to help you select the right holiday for you.
• All persons must be fit and physically able to partake unaided in their chosen activities/packages/tours /cruise etc. as outlined in the itinerary.
• All parties acknowledge the physical demands and hazards involved in the tour or cruise they will be undertaking and have chosen to participate at their own risk.
• Meals onboard are a cultural culinary experience: Continental breakfast buffets with a rich menu are offered daily, while lunch and dinner are set menus.
• Gala evening: The gala evening is a long-awaited tradition in the world of cruising. This is the night we like to dress up, although no dress code is imposed. The crew all in their dress uniform, are presented to the passengers who are invited have a pre-dinner drink with the captain in the company of the purser, and the head chef.
Note: It is your responsibility to notify us of any dietary requests/requirements. We will do our best to meet your request/requirements, however, cannot guarantee that it can always be accommodated.
• Before dinner, games and quizzes are hosted by our entertainers in the lounge bar
• On the sun deck, where you can stroll alone, be with family or friends or sit comfortably in the sun loungers, gymnastics sessions are organised in the morning whilst enjoying the magnificent views of the landscapes that pass by.
• The panoramic lounge bar, the library and the "piano bar"
• Depend on the destination, lectures on subjects related to the history and geography of the places visited, are offered in the lounge bar.
• Some evenings, the dance floor of the lounge bar comes to life with musical evenings, folk groups or singers
• Some cruises have variety evenings where the crew members reveal their hidden talents are also provided.
• Triple Share: Available upon request
• Bedding Configuration: Double or twin bedding (subject to availability).
• Adjoining / Interconnecting Rooms: Not Available
• Laundry service: Not Available
• Wi-Fi: All the cruise is equipped with free Wi-Fi available in all lounges / bars and receptions. For some destination it is available in the cabin.
After purchase, you are required to make a deposit or full payment for your order. Please note most of our deposit is non-refundable. Please check your booking and your invoice for the Terms and Conditions which apply specifically to your booking.
If you would like to cancel your booking, please refer to our cancellation terms.
• Any special requests, preferences MUST be clearly stated in your Passenger Information Form
• Any change requested after submitting your Passenger Information Form cannot be guaranteed, is strictly subject to availability and will incur surcharges
Safety Net Protection enables passengers to amend their tour and/or river cruise 15 days prior to departure, to another tour/cruise to the same destination, departing in the same year (once only) without any applicable cancellation charges or penalties.
The new tour/cruise must be at the same cost or higher but cannot be at lower cost than the initial cruise/ tour booked. If the passenger chooses the higher cost option, then the additional difference amount must be paid. However, no modifications shall be accepted less than 15 days prior to departure.
• Safety Net Protection is payable immediately at the time of making the deposit payment. Once purchased, Safety Net Protection is not refundable
• Safety Net Protection does not apply for airfares or third-party fees and charges.
• Safety Net Protection allows for amendment ONLY, not cancellation.
• You will be responsible for all your personal belongings while on the tours. It is your responsibility to make sure your room is secure.
In general, tipping is widely accepted as a way to show your appreciation of good service but is not compulsory. Tipping is expected and often makes up a large part of people's wages.
• If travel on a river cruises and happy with the services provided by your crews and service onboard. Recommended tips - For the crew members on board the ship - $10US per day per passenger.
• If you are happy with services provided by your tour guides and drivers, a tip is appreciated. Recommended tips - For the guides and drivers - $6US per day per passenger.
• You will be responsible for all your personal belongings while on the tours/cruises. It is your responsibility to make sure your room/cabin is secure.
• Tweet World Travel will not be liable for any loss or damage to your luggage or other personal belongings.
For your protection, we strongly recommend that you purchase comprehensive travel insurance for your travel arrangements (without limitation) that include coverage for medical expenses, loss of luggage, cruise, land content and airfare charges that may occur.
You need to provide us your Travel Insurance details upon booking, or at least before 30 days prior to your departure.
If you do not have travel insurance prior to your departure, we retain the rights to refuse boarding/joining our tours or cruises. We might refund / provide travel credits for you, less any unrecoverable fees including but not limited to admin fees, visas fees, other suppliers’ cancellation fees. We won’t be held liable for any costs associated with this matter.
>> CORE PROGRAM
Your cruise in the cabin category of your choice - double-occupancy accommodations in a first-class hotel - all meals - drinks at all meals (1 soft drink or 1 beer* or 1 mineral water + 1 tea or coffee per person for each meal) - unlimited tea, coffee and mineral water during the cruise on board the RV Indochine and RV Indochine II - visits and excursions mentioned in the program - the services of an English-speaking local tour guides and onboard CroisiEurope tour director on board the RV Indochine and RV Indochine II - the Croisieurope agent in Siem Reap - travel assistance and repatriation insurance - tips (excluding tips for crew members on board the ship).
Tips: To make your vacation worry-free, the equivalent of €35 per passenger will be given to service providers for your destination country as tips. We feel this amount is appropriate in consideration of local customs and practice.
>> EXTENDED STAY
Domestic flights and their taxes (55€/person - subject to change) - visits and excursions mentioned in the program - services of local English-speaking tour guides - double-occupancy accommodations in the listed, or similar, hotels - all meals - drinks at all meals (1 soft drink or 1 beer* or 1 mineral water + 1 tea or coffee per person for each meal) - 24-hour cruise across Halong Bay on a junk (not exclusive to CroisiEurope passengers).
Please note: this cruise doesn’t include the entry visa for the country it travels to. Make sure you have acquired a valid visa before travelling and joining the cruise. Check whether a single entry or multiple entry visa is required/ available.
When assisting with an international travel booking, we assume that all travellers in the booking have a valid Passport and Visas to enter to the country it travels to. Passports must be valid for the countries through which a ship or tour passes. It is the responsibility of each passenger to ensure the validity and conformity of their passport/Visas.
It is the customer’s responsibility to make sure that the travellers have the valid visas and/or correct visa type to enter the destination country they are travelling to. Travellers might need to present the visas at multiple checkpoints and may be refused to fly out of their countries, if the visa documents cannot be presented. If such an event occurs, we won’t be liable and the travellers will be deemed as “no-show”. Please check our Terms & Conditions for penalty for “no-show”.
Visa and other entry and exit conditions (such as currency, customs and quarantine regulations) change regularly. Contact the nearest Embassy or Consulate for up-to-date information.
- All travellers must have a valid passport for international travel and most countries require at least 6 months validity from the date of return and some countries require a machine‐readable passport.
- Some countries require visas and re‐entry permits which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities.
- It is your sole responsibility if any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not satisfying the requirements of those authorities.
>> CORE PROGRAM
International flights and their taxes - transfers - Cambodian and Vietnamese visas - cancellation and baggage insurance - tips for crew members on board the ship (for informational purposes, daily tips per passenger amount to US$5) - drinks other than those mentioned.
>> EXTENDED STAY
Tips for guides and drivers (approximately $35 per passenger) - drinks other than those mentioned.