Colmar and the Unterlinden Museum
Colmar will charm you with its authenticity and typically Alsatian architecture composed of brightly painted half-timbered facades dating from the Middle Ages. You'll discover the quintessential neighborhood of "Little Venice” and visit the Unterlinden Museum, featuring a large collection of local and international artworks and manufactured artifacts from prehistorical to contemporary times. The museum is housed in a 13th-century Dominican convent and a 1906 former public baths building, and was renovated by Swiss architects Herzog & de Meuron in 2015 to incorporate more of the vast collection. Inarguably, the most important work in the collection is the Isenheim Altarpiece.
Duration: approx. 4:00
- The museum is closed on Tuesdays. It will be replaced by a visit to the Hansi Museum instead.
- Good walking shoes are recommended.
- The order of the visits can change.
- Times are approximate.
- These excursions are not proposed for all the cruises and depend on the itinerary.
- If the minimum of 25 participants is not reached, the excursion may be either cancelled or proposed at another rate, depending on the number of participants (to be paid for on board).
- The excursions on the first evening and the morning following boarding are only guaranteed for the passengers who have booked the excursion before the cruise.
Trip code : EXC_COLMA3
On-board Price : 114 AUD