Guided walking tour of Cadiz
Departure on foot to visit Cadiz, one of the oldest cities in Europe. The old center brings together the most characteristic areas of the city, including beautiful baroque churches and elegant mansions, many of which are adorned with painted facades of delicate pastel colors and ornate wrought iron balconies. Sights include the castle of San Sebastian built in the 17th century, the popular neighborhood of the Vina, the cathedral whose construction lasted 116 years, which explains the diversity of styles. In the 18th century, King Phillip II of Spain commissioned the construction of many important monuments in this area in order to protect the town from seaborne assaults. You'll be able to admire the Castillo de Santa Catalina, the Castillo de San Sebastián and many more of the monuments that Cristobal de Rojas had built at the time.
Our tour continues towards the Plaza de España, formerly known as Plaza del Carbón, which was extended to mark the 100th anniversary of the constitution. The square contains the Monument to the Constitution of 1812, created by architect Modesto López Otero and sculptor Aniceto Marinas. Your tour ends via the Plaza de las Flores. You will be enchanted by this blue and white city. Return on board in Cadiz.
Duration: approx. 2:00
- Good walking shoes are recommended: visit entirely on foot.
- The order of the visits can change.
- Times are approximate.
- These excursions are not proposed for all the cruises and depend on the itinerary.
- If the minimum of 25 participants is not reached, the excursion may be either cancelled or proposed at another rate, depending on the number of participants (to be paid for on board).
- The excursions on the first evening and the morning following boarding are only guaranteed for the passengers who have booked the excursion before the cruise.
Trip code : EXC_CADIX8
On-board Price : 0 AUD